17 March 2009

What We've Been Up To

It has been a while since I have been able to post a real message, so I am going to try and sum up the last several days in this one blog.

The weekend really began on Thursday when Sylvia and I went down to visit Aunt Gin and Arlie at West Coast Coffee in downtown Grand Rapids. I just love this picture of Gin and Sylvia:
Friday was not such a great day, so we won't talk about that. The only thing worth knowing is that one of the kittens died.

Saturday we decided to go to the St. Patty's Day parade downtown. So, we got all decked out and Sylvia was included in the festive clothing:

And here she is all ready to go to the parade. Not sure how much she enjoyed the hat:

I think Sylvia enjoyed this parade quite a bit more than the Santa parade in November. It is amazing the difference between six weeks and five months! Wow! Anyway, here we all are at the parade (well, in the coffee shop, but still "at" the parade):

After the parade we went to visit Dave's folks. Had a lovely time and took this great picture:
Then that evening Dave and I had a Murder Mystery Dinner to attend. (Dave ended up being the killer!) It required that we arrive in costume:
But don't worry; we weren't the only goofy looking ones:
Yesterday we returned to Dave's family's house and they watched Sylvia for a while so that Dave and I could go out on a REAL date. We had lunch and then did a little shopping afterward. Thanks to our tax return we finally have a working television again! And compared to our old screen, our new 32" is HUGE.

Today was so beautiful and it was the perfect day to head for downtown Grand Rapids to celebrate Sylvia's five month "birthday." We walked around town and then headed back to West Coast Coffee where we visited with Gin and Arlie. Sylvia had a great time and even took a little nap, giving me enough time to enjoy a cup of coffee and read my book! It was a little piece of heaven.

Dave came home shortly after we did and we enjoyed a family walk outside:


Well, that about sums it up!

5 comments:

S said...

oh my gosh, your little pumpkin is so smiley! She just lights up with Joy! there is nothing more precious than a toothless baby grin! LOVE the pictures! thanks for posting!

Unknown said...

Yeah! What fun! I notice you didn't type anything about your AMAZING babysitter while you were at the party! Also, why didn't you tell me that Dave was the murderer? Goodness! Although it WAS a late night! Oh, and YEAH about the TV- finally! And the weather has been AMAZING- glad you all have been enjoying it too!

Stepher said...

Too bad about the kitten :( Some great pics of Sylvia. I love her outfit with the froggy on it. Joe cannot wait to see her on Sunday - don't plan on wanting to hold her at all ;)

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww...... How cute is she? And it looks like y'all had fun on the murder mystery dinner! Thanks for sharing all the pics!!!

Ria said...

As I see you did have a lot of fun and I really love the pictures.
If you're internet is working correctly, please send me once in a while the pictures by mail, because I cannot copy them in a correct way from the blog.
Indeed the difference between the different parades is huge.
Lots of love, Ria