21 January 2010

Daxton David

This little man is my nephew: Daxton David, named after my father (David). He finally decided to enter the world yesterday morning at 10:10 a.m. He was a week "overdue," but I think he was worth the additional wait. He weighed 8 pounds, 4 ounces and was 20" long. He is simply beautiful. He had kind of a tough time coming out so he is pretty black and blue, but it is amazing how quickly those little ones heal.
And this is the proud aunt with her new nephew and his little monkey that I, of course, knit him. I think he really likes his monkey. I can just tell.

And here are a couple of better monkey pictures.

Stepher
and Joe are doing well. They are both very tired but also very, very happy. I cannot believe that my sister is a mom. It's not that I don't think she will be a great one, because she already is, but that my sister is old enough to be a mom. When did we all grow up? How does that happen? How can I be having my second child already?
Speaking of my children, Sylvia had her 15 month wellness check on Monday. She continues to look great. Her stats are 22 pounds (40th percentile) and height is very nearly 32" (still the 90th percentile). We recently removed dairy from her diet and this has made a considerable difference in her overall demeanor, ability to sleep at night and the redness on her cheeks has diminished. She was on soy formula as an infant but we tried introducing dairy at about twelve months. Sadly, it looks like she will be a soy girl, at least for a while longer.

And our other daughter is still unborn. At last week's ultrasound I got to see something we have never seen before: Her face! She finally showed off her cute, getting pudgy face. Maybe you can make it out in the photo, maybe not, but trust me-- she's there!

I had another ultrasound yesterday and things continue to look good. Amniotic fluid levels continued to climb, placenta looks healthy, umbilical cord looks good and Lovebug's heart rate continues to be strong and steady.

Unfortunately, Mom has had a very difficult week. I have had so many contractions this week, leaving me in pretty constant misery and unable to sleep. Between the contractions and then the sciatica and the bursitis I am wretchedly uncomfortable. I would like to tell you this is an exaggeration, but the truth is that it isn't. I am due to return home this weekend, and there is nothing I want more, but I am also terrified. Yesterday I had to manage more of my daughter's care (and not all of it) and by nightfall I was in tears from pain. There is no way I can physically attend to my daughter in my condition for up to four more weeks. There is just no way. I lift her and I thank God I have not dropped her yet. Often my hips are so bad that I can't even hold myself up and I feel my legs begin to shake and I drop onto the nearest surface before I hit the floor and cause further damage to myself and potentially Veda.

I am scared for the coming weeks. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

2 comments:

EllenToo said...

I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Praying!!!!!!