20 October 2009

Fall Happenings

This past Saturday Sylvia celebrated her first birthday with a party. Highlights included a frog cake made by her aunt, eating her entire cupcake within a couple of minutes, and playing with her "friend," Alexis. Pictures will be posted at a later date with additional information. I have few pictures myself, because we were so busy with guests and Sylvia that I didn't have the opportunity to take many photos. I am waiting to collect what others have taken.

There have been other things going on besides the party, though. Late last week Sylvia finally met the last member of the family: Eglantine. Eglantine is our surviving Society Finch who resides in her cage on top of the entertainment center. Sylvia has never seen her before and I don't think she's ever really noticed she's there. This past week when Dave took her down to clean her cage, we let Sylvia "meet" Eglantine. It was pretty cute; the two of them were really checking each other out. Now whenever Eglantine begins to chirp Sylvia is quick to look up and point at her.
Sylvia is also very interested in my knitting, which I have been doing a lot of lately. She is constantly pulling my yarn out of my knitting bag or trying to get my needles or finished pieces of a project I am working on. I finally gave her two scraps of knitting that I call "Sylvia's knitting." Believe it or not, this thrilled her. She will often take both pieces around the house with her.
The day of the birthday party was gorgeous, and I took a picture of our property to commemorate such a wonderful day:
And, finally, the day after Sylvia's birthday she got her first "big girl" bath. She LOVED having the entire tub to splash around in, as opposed to her little baby tub. I also admire her modesty, as you can see in the photo.

2 comments:

Stepher said...

The birthday party was a success, well as much as one can be for a 1-year-old. I loved having Sylvia here on Monday. She is just so precious. Every time I watch her there is something new she has learned.

Unknown said...

Too CUTE!